We are looking for a male and a female co-lead.
- Reporting to: Sofia Gentiloni Silveri & Valerie Sternberg
- Hours: 10/15 hrs per week
- Location: no particular location is required
- There is no compensation for this voluntary position
- Deadline for sending the applications: 12 January 2020
You manage Volt Europa’s legal issues and create synergies between the work of the different national legal teams, provide ad hoc legal support to national chapters without legal team.
Key responsibilities & duties
Provide legal advice and assistance to the Board, to the VCR and to the other functional teams, in various matters related to the activity of Volt Europa. Ability to coordinate the work of national legal teams, to provide assistance and to create synergies and opportunities of knowledge and best practice sharing.
- Provide legal documents and legal advice & assistance (e.g. code of conduct, statutes, regulations, contractual documents, assets…), working closely together with other functional teams and dedicated teams, such as the Governance Commission (65% of time spent)
- Manage the EUR Team and Co-ordinate the national teams (10% of time spent)
- Miscellaneous admin duties and support financial/tech teams (20% of time spent)
- Data entry (5% of time spent)
- Good legal training and attention to detail
- Analysis of various legislation
- Sensitivity to the diverse legal European environment - comparative approach
- Communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Leadership skills
- Team oriented approach
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
Optional: Basic Excel database skill, Academic qualifications, Qualified lawyer in a Member State, a plus, Work experience and skills, Similar previous experience, Knowledge of French, and other languages, a plus
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.