Events Co-lead (female)
Volt Europa has resolved to have all its teams be lead by gender-balanced co-leads, and this is a vacancy for the female position as the male position is filled.
- Reporting to: Eileen O’Sullivan & Reinier van Lanschot
- Working closely with co-lead Michael Vogtmann
- Hours: 10-20 hrs per week (depending on time of year and events to be planned)
- Location: no particular location is required
- There is no compensation for this voluntary position
- Deadline for sending the applications: 12 January 2020
The purpose of the Events co-lead is to have an overview of all European events and actions
Happening. Sharing the capacities needed specifically for larger, long-term events such as the GA and the Volt Festival. Creating a pan-European Team spirit // External: Bringing media attention to Volt; Strengthening the narrative of Volt Europa as a pan-European movement; Providing a stage to present Volt Europa’s policies; Supporting election campaigns, when possible (national, regional, local).
Key responsibilities & duties
Supervises and coordinates projects. Communicates projects with national Events Leads.
- Coordinating large scale European events such as the GA with all relevant members (e.g. the national Events lead) (65% of time spent)
- Informing national event leads on events and actions coming up but also receiving feedback and input (20% of time spent)
- Coordinating with other teams (e.g. Design, Communications)(15% of time spent)
Your experience and skills
- Languages: ideally multiple languages
- High motivational level to work for the European Level
- Organisational talent, maintaining structures, practical thinking
- Must: Ability to communicate and keep everyone up to date
- Ideally experience in organizing events (i.e. local team or national Event Lead with 6 months experience)
- “Open for adventures, because this whole thing is one” (says co-lead Michael) and able to maintain humour in stressful times
- High Organisational skills,
- maintaining structures and communicating,
- coordinating multiple teams
- Team oriented approach
- Communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
- Leadership skills
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A spirit of entrepreneurship and initiative
Optional: Project management experience, Volt experience,
Please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, motivation letter (maximum one page) and a video where you introduce yourself and tell what you would like to achieve in this role.